Writing with Friends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Operation Granite

4 posters

Go down

Operation Granite Empty Operation Granite

Post by moekhan Wed Feb 08, 2017 4:44 pm

The ship was quiet. It was always quiet before we set out on a mission. I stared at my locker. I should enjoy the silence while it lasts. I'd be busy soon enough. The locker opened with its familiar creak and groan. I gingerly put on my outfit, making care to avoid the wound from earlier. I grabbed my med-kit and closed the locker shut.

"5-Minutes until the light" a gruff voice said over the intercom.

I sighed quietly. It wasn't relief or contentment. Rather it was a sigh of admission that the quiet was over. A sigh of acceptance that my work was about to begin. That I'd be following soldiers and heroes onto the battlefield. Some I'll be able to heal. Some I can save. Others I'll only be able to comfort. Ease their passing into the next life, or whatever it is that lay beyond. Give them a final taste...

...of Mercy.

moekhan

Back to top Go down

Operation Granite Empty Re: Operation Granite

Post by roastedsnow Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:01 pm

Widowmaker moved silently through the enemy ship: most of Overwatch was preparing, back at HQ, or had already started heading into the base. They thought this was covert. Fools, she thought, sticking to the metal walls and looking carefully around each corner. Luckily, these grunts were loud and unguarded in the perceived safety of the plane. It had been easy to get on with Reyes' information. He didn't want her getting caught-- if Morrison knew he was paying her to take out Winston, Blackwatch would be over and Morrison would probably kill him. Reyes couldn't stand to have that publicity stunt of an animal helping out with the do-gooder missions and getting attention while he did the dirty work. She didn't give a fuck about his reasons. Widowmaker wanted to just do the job, get paid, and of course there was the moment of pulling the trigger and watching that dumb monkey die. She relished that moment of death, one that she understood so well. Leaving the world...except she was trapped between. This life was a piece of shit, and although she knew she wouldn't be the talented killer she was today without Talon's help, at times she wondered if before Talon, she had had more reason to live.

Don't get her wrong, Widowmaker did not want to die. And nobody would ever get the satisfaction of killing her. But if it weren't for that sweet moment of doing the job and watching someone's spirit escape the body, she would say everything she experiences is a total bore.

"Five minutes until the light!" the intercom blasted. She needed to move faster. The ape would be leaving the ship soon.

Widowmaker continued to calmly jog through the ship, her precision and careful experience filling in for her lack of adrenaline in her sluggish circulation. Suddenly, footsteps! Not ape-like thumping, so not her target, she ducked into the door behind her. She found herself in a badly lit room, behind a tall row of lockers, but if there had been someone in the room, they might have noticed the strip of bright light as she came in. There was the chance that they wouldn't, but hey, what's another Overwatch death to her? It was better to be safe.

Widowmaker unholstered Widow's kiss, looked behind the locker, and slowly stepped out from behind, aiming it straight at Zeigler's head.

((ooc: thought maybe this could take place in old overwatch, right after the Omnic crisis but before the collapse of OW.))

roastedsnow
Admin

https://rpwithfriends.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by moekhan Thu Feb 09, 2017 12:32 am

Thank goodness I had already changed. If it wasn't for the motion sensor in my armor, I'd have never seen them sneak up. Just as I donned my staff, I noticed a lone dot moving along my HUD, showing movement behind me. My first thought was, Morrsion, or maybe Reyes. But once I heard the sound of something...revving up? my instincts kicked in.

I'm not a soldier or a fighter like the guys. I didnt grow up in some super soldier program or graduate top of class in military academy. I was a doctor. I'm not ashamed to admit that my instinct was not fight, but was in fact flight. And thanks to the Valkyrie suit, thats exactly what I did. The wings on my back erupted in yellow light and I was pulled backwards away from my would be assailant. I thought I heard a shot go off, but I wasn't sure. I slammed against the wall and immediately shook off the impact and made my way towards the door.

The enemy had breached the ship. I needed to tell Jack or Gabriel or Ana. I found a door and scrambled out of the frame. I opened up my comms as fast as I could.

"Zeigler to Zephyr all. Enemy in the ship. Repeat. Zeigler to Zephyr all. Enemy in the ship!"

I took a peek behind me. There was nothing there. I stood for a moment, wondering if I had lost them. I reached by my side for my blaster and realized I must have left it in my locker. No matter. I had sent out a broadcast. Agents should be swarming to my location at any time now.

Any time now....
I waited. All that greeted me, was silence.

moekhan

Back to top Go down

Post by IllegalArgumentException Thu Feb 09, 2017 8:09 am

Suddenly! From behind a doormat! An IllegalArgumentException appears!

"You passed an illegal or inappropriate argument!", he said, before diving off the ship and swimming through the skies.

IllegalArgumentException

Back to top Go down

Post by NyanRawr Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:25 am

"Ah!! 이게 뭐지?!" D.va jumped, startled by the inexplicable figure that dove off the ship. She clicked her teeth, annoyed "I swear... the more things I see, the more I think we are in a video game. Did anyone else see that!? WTF!" she reached out for her light gun holstered to her hip and made her way cautiously through the ship. She heard the warning, but not knowing which direction to take, it felt like a chicken chase.

"D.Va in -- where are you? Where is the enemy?"

NyanRawr

Back to top Go down

Post by roastedsnow Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:54 pm

Widowmaker was going to play with the fly in her web before pulling the trigger, but much to her irritation, the fly escaped faster than she could react! She had briefly met Dr. Zeigler after the doctor had helped Overwatch "rescue" her from Talon, but she hadn't seen these wings in action or she might have prepared for them. Mercy shot backwards and escaped via another exit. A call alerting the whole ship of her presence came over the radio. Shit, that bitch. She had to get out of there quickly...the mission was a fail. She was a sniper, not a tank. Widow had no problems picking them off one by one, and she could probably take on two, but at least a quarter of the world's saviors were still on the ship, now looking out for her.

She couldn't count on Reyes to help her at all-- he made it clear that he would be wiping his hands of the whole affair, feigning ignorance and just send the payment through a third party once she had succeeded. Widowmaker was stuck on the ship with no help.

She exited the locker-room the way she came, and started to run towards the back of the ship, where there was a ventilation duct that led to a small panel under the tail where she had come in. She would have to try to get there before she encountered anyone else. Widow ran swiftly, her Kiss ready to fire, glancing behind her every so often.

roastedsnow
Admin

https://rpwithfriends.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NyanRawr Mon Feb 13, 2017 2:54 pm

The sound of nearby footsteps caught Hana's attention. She held her light gun tighter and went after the sound, and as she turned around the corner, managed to catch a glance of Widowmaker. She gasped, not too loudly, but had it escape her by accident. Hana turned on her receiver and signaled "She's headed towards the back! I am after her, and need backups!"

She gave chase, trying to be semi-stable to get a clear aim as she shot. At the same time, she was wary of her surroundings, of possible enemies, hiding spots, or escape routes. D.va was known to be good due to her multitasking, a skill that at first her parents thought were useless because after all, she gained them from intensive play. But hey, turns out video games are actually not all too bad.

NyanRawr

Back to top Go down

Post by moekhan Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:55 am

Operation Granite Ac6f38c67b7921829ef0047bdcd9f2cb
I glanced down at my radar and noticed a friendly dot.
Callsign: D.Va.
I breathed a sigh of relief. Thank goodness... Help was on its way. I hoped that I could group up with some team mates before I ran into anymore hostiles. Who knew how many of them were already here. Although...
I stopped in my tracks...

There was something familiar about the way that my would be assailant moved. Something that jogged my memory. Her lithe actions, the way she had an escape route planned. And that mechanical beep and whirr of their weapon. I kept wracking my brain for the answer. It was on the tip of my tongue.

I made my way across the ships main hull. I wanted to put as much distance between myself and the last known location of the hostile as possible. I reached over to my side for my sidearm but its not there. I must have left it back in the locker room. I was completely defenseless except for my ability to fly away from danger. I usually never cared to be armed. Fighting was the other agents jobs. I was here to heal. I honestly never would have even joined Overwatch if Reyes hadn't been so...persuasive.

The ability to perfect healing nano-tech while also helping our wounded on the front lines, where they needed help the most. I couldn't pass the opportunity up. All I want is to help. To stave off death. To give my friends one more day.
My friends...and thats when it hit me.

"Amelie...." I gasped..."It was you."

moekhan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum